Jason C. Brown
Jason Brown founded the Brown Law Offices, P.A. in 2003 after working for several years as an associate attorney in downtown Minneapolis. He graduated with honors from Mankato State University in 1997 and the William Mitchell College of Law in 2000.
Jason has successfully litigated against some of the more recognized divorce attorneys in the Twin Cities. He has been repeatedly named a “Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters, and one of the Top 100 Family Law Attorneys in Minnesota by the Society of Legal Advocates.
In addition to his work as a lawyer, Jason serves as a mediator, and court-appointed early neutral evaluator, in divorce and family law cases throughout Minnesota. He frequently writes and speaks concerning divorce and family law issues, including several invitations to present seminars for the Minnesota Judicial Branch in St. Paul.
Jason is the former chairperson of the Family Law Section of the Minnesota Trial Lawyer’s Association, and taught divorce and family law coursework within the paralegal program at North Hennepin Community College. He publishes the Minnesota Family Law Blog, which has been recognized as a “Top 25″ by the Minnesota State Bar Association.
Outside of the office, Jason enjoys playing the bass and electric guitar and spending time in the north woods of Wisconsin.
Areas of Practice
- Restraining Orders
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Criminal Defense
- Estate Planning
- Representation of Four Grandparents in Minnesota’s First Quad-Parenting Adoption
- Representation of Client in Minnesota’s First Same-Sex Divorce
- Minnesota State Bar, 2000
- US District Court – District of Minnesota, 2002
- William Mitchell College of Law, 2000
- Minnesota State University, Mankato, 1997
Professional Associations & Activities
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Presenter, Various CLE Courses
- Monthly Columnist, Minnesota Lawyer Newspaper