Alison L. Fafinski
Alison Fafinski is an associate attorney with the Brown Law Offices, P.A. She focuses primarily on divorce and marital dissolution matters. Her experience also includes cases involving paternity, child custody, parenting time, child support, spousal maintenance, and property division.
Alison always aims to minimize costs to her clients by working with opposing attorneys and litigants through alternative dispute resolution processes, such as mediation, arbitration and early neutral evaluation.
While in law school, Alison served as Senior Editor of the St. Thomas Law Journal, and worked at a large family law firm focusing on complex, high-asset and high net-worth divorce cases - as well as international custody cases.
Outside the office, Alison enjoys cooking, working out, coordinating interior design projects for family and friends, and going to the dog park with her Siberian Husky.
- University of St. Thomas School of Law; J.D., 2015
- University of St. Thomas; B.A., Psychology 2012
- Associate Attorney – Arnold, Rodman & Kretchmer PLLC; 2015-2017
- Extern to Judge Patrick Robben – 4th Judicial District Court; 2015
- Research Assistant to Mariana Hernandez Crespo – University of St. Thomas School of Law; 2013-2015
- Law Clerk – Walling, Berg & Debele, P.A.; 2013-2015
- Divorce Camp Intern – Minnesota Chapter – American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; 2014
- Summer Intern – Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project; 2013-2014
- Legal Intern – Family Justice Center Hennepin County; 2013-2014
Vaccines and the Law – Bench and Bar; August 2015 (Authors: Alison Grafsgaard, The Honorable Patrick D. Robben)
Pride’s Progeny: Legal Ramifications Of Same-Sex Marriage – Bench and Bar; January 2014 (Authors: Alison Grafsgaard, Nancy Zalusky Berg)