Family Law Attorneys in Anoka County
The family law lawyers in Anoka County with the Brown Law Offices, P.A. have substantial experience in Anoka County. We are familiar with all of the judges on the Anoka County bench, and the procedures and preferences of court administration. With that knowledge, we are able to effectively represent clients facing a difficult family law situation.
There are a number of practice areas that fall under the umbrella of family law in Minnesota, including: divorce, paternity, adoption, prenuptial agreements and domestic abuse.
Anoka County Family Law Resources
To help both our clients and our community members, we have compiled the following resources about Anoka County family law. Please bear in mind that these resources should not be considered a substitute for a strategic consultation with a qualified Minnesota attorney.
Anoka County Family Court
The Anoka County District Court system uses a designated Family Court for matters of family law, including:
- Marriage Dissolution (Divorce)
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Paternity Cases
- Domestic Abuse & Harassment Actions
The court is located at 325 E. Main St. Anoka, MN 55303-2489. The phone number is 763-422-7350, and the hours are Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. The County Court Administration staff can provide forms and guide you through some of the more direct clerical tasks needed for your Family Court case. However, they cannot provide legal assistance or offer specific legal advice.
Local Family Law Resources
In partnership with Central Minnesota Legal Services, the Anoka County Law Library hosts free Family Law Self Help Clinics one day out of the month. The library also offers periodicals, legal code manuals and textbooks to the public Monday through Friday 8 a.m. between 4:30 p.m and provides an online self-help portal for family law and other practice areas.
Older Adult Care Resources
- Here is a list of resources for Anoka County Adult Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Anoka County Resource Guide for Seniors
- Anoka County adoption information portal. This service offers diverse information about issues of concern, such as adoption training, considerations and financial assistance.
- MN ADOPT. This site provides information, resources and assistance for Minnesota residents interested in adoption.
- Adoption Counselors in Anoka County. This is a list of local Minnesota therapists able to help families, parents and children during all stages of adoption.
- “Being a Legal Father”. This Minnesota-focused information pamphlet offers insights into paternity, parentage recognition and related legal issues.
- Fathers’ Adoption Registry. This database helps protect the parental rights of putative fathers during matters of custody or adoption.
- Anoka County Paternity Testing Labs. This is a local, BBB-Accredited Paternity Test Service.
Domestic Abuse Resources
- Anoka County Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-866-223-1111
- Anoka County Domestic Abuse Resource Portal
- Anoka County Family Court Order for Protection — Options for protecting individuals from further domestic abuse.
Our Experienced Attorneys Are Here To Help
Do you need legal assistance with a sensitive family law case? Our attorneys would like to learn more about your situation. Please call us at (763) 323-6555 to schedule a case evaluation.