Disturbing the peace is a crime that can lead to disorderly conduct charges. In the state of Minnesota, disorderly conduct can apply to many different scenarios. If you are facing disorderly conduct charges in Minnesota, you need to contact an experienced defense attorney.

Understanding Disorderly Conduct

Disorderly conduct is often viewed as a “catch-all” crime. In other words, law enforcement can arrest you, or file disorderly conduct charges, in any circumstance where your behavior is seen as a potential disturbance. Even though you might not think your behavior is bothersome, you can still be arrested and charged with the crime.

In most cases, disorderly conduct is a misdemeanor, but a conviction can still lead to serious penalties. A disorderly conduct conviction can result in jail time of up to 90 days, as well as significant fines. In the state of Minnesota, common reasons for disorderly conduct charges include:

  •   Fighting or brawling in a public or private space;
  • Causing a disturbance at a lawful assembly or meeting;
  • Engaging in any offensive, obscene, noisy, or abusive behavior; or
  • Doing anything that may arouse alarm, anger, or resentment in others.

In order to be charged with disorderly conduct, you do not have to pose an immediate threat to anyone. Even if your behavior is not potentially harmful to others, you can be arrested simply because your behavior is deemed disruptive. In some cases, a disorderly conduct arrest may seem unfair or completely unnecessary. No matter what the reason for a charge of disturbing the peace, you should be prepared to protect yourself.

Disorderly Conduct Lawyer

A disorderly conduct charge should not be taken lightly. If you are arrested for disorderly conduct, or disturbing the peace, you need to contact a defense attorney to build your case. Your disorderly conduct lawyer will help get your charges reduced, or even dropped. Without a lawyer on your side, you might face the maximum penalty for a crime you didn’t really commit.

Whether you believe your disorderly conduct charge is justified or not, we can help your case. This can include reduction in jail time or fines, or even not facing charges at all. Although disorderly conduct is considered a minor crime, a conviction can still affect your ability to get employment in the future. Instead of taking chances, hire a qualified and experienced lawyer to help you get the best outcome.

Always A Free Consultation

If have been charged with disorderly conduct, we can help. At the Brown Law Offices, P.A., we have experienced attorneys who work hard to help you get the best possible outcome. Don’t let a disorderly conduct charge affect your life. Call us today at 763-323-6555, or complete our free online consultation form.